Heavy Horse World Summer issue is now out!
Welcome to Summer! The second issue of Heavy Horse World’s 30th anniversary year is packed with news and features – including of course the breed shows for the Clydesdale and Shire, with reports and fantastic photographs covering a huge centre-page section. Discover how history was made by the King family at this year’s National Shire Horse Show, and which are the horses to watch this year. Also, enjoy profiles of the first ever female judge of the Shire Horse of the Year championship, and one of our younger showpeople, Pip Read; delight in the working horse drawings of artist Evelyn Dunbar; catch up with a major horse logging contract in South Wales, and enjoy articles on harness and ploughing. Plus of course, don’t miss our feature on riding heavies from Annie Rose of Cumbrian Heavy Horses.
Alistair King with his female champion, Cotebrook Loch Anna, repeating last year’s win, at the 2017 National Shire Horse Show.
Matt Waller’s Suffolk Punch horse extracting felled trees in Essex as part of a flood reduction project.
- Drum Horses for the Middle East
- Two new books from the UK and the US
- Travel guidelines for your horse
- Heavy Horse Tails – let’s hear it for grey Shires!
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Goodbye Old Friend, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.