Heavy Horse World Winter issue is now out!
Heavy horse people are constantly on the go, and this issue is full of great images from the summer season taken by our fantastic photographers at events all over the country. It’s packed with show reports, including the Shire of the Year and Ridden Heavy Horse Championships at HOYS, and some specials, including Countryfile Live in Yorkshire, the new Two-Wheel Cart Championship, the foal shows in the Midlands and North West & Wales, Suffolks at Sandringham Horse Trials and lots of smaller events where the public enjoys watching our fantastic heavy horse breeds. Highlights this issue include two major dispersal sales, a new practical series on working your horses on a range of farm tasks, our profile of one of our top young handlers, more photos from Bob Powell’s heavy horse archive – and go back to the early years of the English Cart Horse and have a go at judging the best! Christmas will be with us shortly, so don’t miss ordering your 2020 Heavy Horse World Calendar, which is selling fast, and pick your gifts from books and DVDs in our magazine and online shop. An annual subscription to Heavy Horse World for the mad draught horse person in your life makes a great present – and costs just £32 (UK). HHW is the only place where all the heavy breeds and all their activities come together in one place – don’t miss it!
Other highlights –
- Suffolk makes sport horse history
- Harvest at the Weald & Downland Museum
- Training is the name of the game – on the farm in Devon
- New BHS chief is a Shire breeder
- West of England champions 2019
- Heavy Horse Tails – Bertie struts his stuff for the Prison Service
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Showing the Heavy Horse, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.