Heavy Horse World Summer issue is now out!
With Summer just around the corner, enjoy a packed new issue of Heavy Horse World with a multitude of fascinating features, up to the minute news and fantastic photographs! Highlights include our reports from the Clydesdale Stallion and Shire Horse shows; our profile of Beckie Harvey, one of our working horse association chairpeople who describes her enjoyment of the camaraderie among heavy horse people; the editor’s odyssey into the Percheron Willingham line, and discover the UK’s original draught horse following new research. Plus, catch up with two major sales in Reading and Norfolk from David Viner’s pen – and news of another coming up this September; the last instalment of William Castle’s much-welcomed practical series on Learning to Plough, and great stories about horse personalities. There are photos from the archives; articles on harness and modern horse farming, and enjoy our photo-feature from the SCHHA Spring Event in Hampshire. Don’t miss it! You can subscribe or renew your subscription here, or phone us with your details – it’s just £30 (UK) for a year.
Other highlights –
- Robinsons’s Brewery’s new Shire breeding programme
- A Willingham odyssey
- British heavy horse on the edge discover the UK’s original draught horse
- The right horses for the job, on a Devon farm
- Tributes to Reg Coward and Brian Cooper
- From the horse’s mouth – Ed’s blog
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop (add link) to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Showing the Heavy Horse, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.