Ten things you’ll know after reading our Autumn issue!
1. Which heavy horse society is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year?
2. Who was proposed to in a showring this summer?
3. Which of our leading horsemen could quote long passages from Shakespeare?
4. What working horse activity takes place at Monkey Moon Meadow?
5. Which show featured seven agricultural turnouts – a record for modern times?
6. Which breed was used on the land although it is rarely considered as a working horse?
7. Which couple have been taking the heavy horse world by storm recently?
8. Who is celebrating 7,000 days working horses in the forests?
9. Which stud celebrated its 100th foal recently?
10. Who said this: “It’s not a race, so take your time doing your show, with big turns, and don’t lose concentration.”
And, nothing to do with any of that, here’s a photo from the issue of Ethel Worthington coming back from the fields at the ‘Homecoming’ event at Beamish earlier this year (Photograph: Kevin Wright). If you’re not yet a subscriber (!) please join us here!