Heavy Horse World Winter 2018 issue is now out!
Heavy horse people have been hugely busy this year, and you can read all about it in the Heavy Horse World Winter issue! It’s packed with reports from the Summer season, including the Shire of the Year and Ridden Heavy Horse Championships at HOYS, and some special highlights, including the Suffolk Spectacular, Countryfile Live, the Shire Horse Society’s Working Horse Festival, the heavy horse event at the 50th anniversary Great Dorset Steam Fair and a range of county and regional agricultural shows and events. There’s lots to discover – who won the two top ploughing matches of the year; where the first heavy horse Trec took place; who switched from building race engines to restoring wagons; which Shires are due for some spectacular home improvements, and our report from the latest big sale of horse-drawn vehicles. Horse loggers continue to lead the way with real horse work – read about two major awards for UK loggers as well as what they get up to in the summer. We reach back further than ever before into Suffolk horse history, follow the Ironbridge Shires at a centuries-long tradition, and go to France to see how highly they regard their working draught animals. We have a new book for sale for Christmas! The Tack Room by Paul Sells looks at horsemanship in a completely new way, plus we have our popular 2019 Heavy Horse World Calendar and our great range of books and DVDs available for family and friends for the festive season. Don’t miss this issue! You can subscribe here or contact us on 01730 812419 – it’s just £30 for a whole year of heavy horse news and views!
Other highlights –
- Wet and windy adventure shows Clydesdales at their best
- From 1000hp…back to one – Mike Huddart’s story of how his race engine talents have transferred to wagon restoration
- Horse loggers’ awards made at top shows
- Home improvements for Wimpole’s Shires
- The Wilson Collection – a treasure trove!
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop (add link) to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Showing the Heavy Horse, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.