Heavy Horse World Spring issue is now out!
It’s a new year and a new decade, some things in life are more settled than they were this time last year, others are incredibly challenging. But the heavy horse sector is ready to go for 2020 – and there’s much to look forward to! The Spring issue is our ‘shows number’ with shows and events of all sorts busy promoting themselves in our pages, as well as our annual Heavy Horse World Events List, entirely free to join. Highlights in this issue include news of a new Shire Horse Society accredited centre in Yorkshire; how the Young family got on competing with a team of Shires in driving trials last year; and how Martin Clunes has lent his backing to an appeal for a rescued Shire. Discover everything there is to know about rolling with horses (no, not that sort of rolling – rolling your fields and paddocks!), read fascinating stories from people closely connected to the horse era, and find out about two of our lesser-known working horse breeds. Plus, great photography – and a cow-shaped addition to heavy horse events in the east of England! Don’t miss it – top stories since you were last out and about in the heavy horse world! You can subscribe (just £32 a year for UK subscribers) at www.heavyhorseworld.co.uk.
Other highlights –
- Get ready for the National Shire Horse Show!
- The British Percheron’s AI Scheme
- 100 years – man and boy
- Craftsmanship under the hammer in Lincolnshire
- Breeding Brabants in the Cotswolds
- The life and times of one of our top wheelwrights
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Showing the Heavy Horse, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.