Heavy Horse World Autumn 2018 issue is now out!
Your Heavy Horse World Autumn 2018 issue is always the busiest one for shows coverage, and we bring great photos and reports from all the top county shows where heavy horses have been delighting the crowds. So, after this mad hot dry summer with all its challenges enjoy an entertaining read about your favourite equines! Also, we profile one of the country’s biggest herds of Suffolks, at Mike & Alison Clarke’s Trimpley stud in Worcestershire, and farmers John & Christine Fairbairn who hold the baton for Shires in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Enjoy images from the British Percheron Horse Society Centenary event in West Sussex and the First World War commemorative weekend at Beamish, and catch up with the British Horse Loggers’ and the British Heavy Horse Driving Trials Club’s summer activities. Get the latest news, pick up practical tips, and find out about new developments with British heavy horses overseas. Don’t miss it – you can subscribe or renew your subscription via our website or by picking up the phone to us (01730 812419) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other highlights –
- Build your own hames and halters
- Thundering Shires keep it in the family
- George Soper’s working horse art to be celebrated in East Anglia
- Heyday of the Percheron – William Castle’s research on the 1920s-40s
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Showing the Heavy Horse, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.