Heavy Horse World Autumn 2017 issue is now out and will be arriving on your doormats shortly!
It includes a huge shows section with 25 pages of fantastic photographs, reports and results from events all over the country. They include the Suffolk and British Percheron breed shows as well as top county shows such as Nottinghamshire, Royal Bath & West, Royal Three Counties, Suffolk, Royal Norfolk, Royal Cheshire and the Royal Highland. Other top articles include profiles of two Shire breeders, top tips for ridden heavy horse enthusiasts from former HOYS champion Nigel Fuller, and reports from no less than three wagon and implement sales. Plus, order your Heavy Horse World 2018 Calendar – the best in the sector! And, you can buy two new books, on horse brasses, and the last Shire horse working herd in London. Get the latest news, read comment and pick up practical tips, as well as enjoying our wide-ranging features covering every aspect of the working horse world, from riding and logging, to driving and working. Don’t miss it – you can’t get this level of news about your favourite equines anywhere else!
Brian Davies was first in the agricultural turnouts with his grey Shire to a tip cart at Royal Cheshire Show. Photograph: Kevin Wright
Robert Bedford with his much-admired champion mare, Hartcliff Rhianna, who sadly died in the middle of this season. She’s pictured here by Jane Muntz-Torres at Lincolnshire Show, where she took the championship.
- Suffolk, Shire and Clydesdale numbers alarm Rare Breeds Survival Trust
- Real jobs for 50 heavies at Beamish’s annual event
- Driving trials novices enjoy a weekend in Hampshire
- Farmcraft – getting it right with horses on the farm
- And don’t forget to go to Heavy Horse World Shop to see our full range of titles including The Working Horse Manual, Heavy Horses, Goodbye Old Friend, and a host of DVDs including A Beginner’s Guide to Heavy Horses and Plaiting the Heavy Horse for Showing.